Department of Mathematical Informatics,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
Room 354,Engineering Building 6, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656
Tel: 03-5841-6959 (ext. 26959)
|March 2001||Bachelor (Science) Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan|
|March 2003||M.S. (Mathematical Sciences) Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan|
|March 2006||Ph.D. (Mathematical Sciences) Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan|
|April 2006||National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, post-doc researcher, Japan|
|April 2007||National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, researcher|
|March 2013||National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, senior researcher, Japan|
|October 2014||Japan Science and Technology Agency, PRESTO (additional; until March 2018)|
|April 2018||Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan|
The main subjects of my research are cryptography and information security technologies that are bases of security for various information technologies. Examples are as follows:
● Theory of cryptography
Designs and security analyses for cryptographic schemes, particularly aiming at realizing long-term security against future adversaries with highly advanced computational powers.
● Privacy-preserving data mining
Secure computation schemes that enable to utilize data while preserving the security/privacy, in various application areas.
● Fundamental mathematics
Mathematical theory including group theory and discrete mathematics, and their application to cryptography.
Main paper and books
- Koji Nuida, Goichiro Hanaoka, "On the security of pseudorandomized information-theoretically secure schemes", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol.59, no.1, pp.635-652, 2013.
- Koji Nuida, Kaoru Kurosawa, "(Batch) Fully Homomorphic Encryption over Integers for Non-Binary Message Spaces", in: EUROCRYPT 2015 (Part I), LNCS vol.9056, pp.537-555, 2015.
- Kana Shimizu, Koji Nuida, Gunnar Ratsch, "Efficient Privacy-Preserving String Search and an Application in Genomics", Bioinformatics, vol.32, no.11, pp.1652-1661, 2016.
- Robert B. Howlett, Bernhard Muhlherr, Koji Nuida, "Intrinsic Reflections and Strongly Rigid Coxeter Groups", Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, vol.116, no.3, pp.534-574, 2018.