Department of Mathematical Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo
Room 434, 7-3-1 6 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656
|March 2009||Bachelor of Engineering from Undergraduate School of Informatics and Mathematical Science, Kyoto University|
|March 2011||Master of Informatics from Department of Applied Mathematics and Physics, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University|
|March 2013||Ph. D. in Informatics from Department of Applied Mathematics and Physics, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University||April 2014||Project Researcher, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University|
|April 2017||Specially Appointed Assistant Professor, Kitami Institute of Technology|
|April 2018||Assistant Professor, Kitami Institute of Technology|
|October 2019||Lecturer, Department of Mathematical Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo|
I am especially interested in solving control systems problems using methods of different fields such as optimization and machine learning. The following three topics are main research subjects.
- Applications of optimization theory to control systems theory: We study what control systems problems can be solved using Riemannian optimization, proximal algorithm, submodular optimization, and so on.
- Applications of control systems theory to optimization theory: We study what optimization problems can be efficiently solved using control systems theories such as hybrid systems, passivity, and so on.
- Data-driven modeling for controlling systems: We study efficient modeling methods for controlling systems from time series data using optimization, machine learning, numerical analysis, and so on.
- K. Sato:Riemannian optimal model reduction of linear port-Hamiltonian systems, Automatica, Vol. 98, pp. 428–434, 2018.
- K. Sato and H. Sato: Structure preserving H^2 optimal model reduction based on Riemannian trust-region method, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 505-511, 2018.
- K. Sato: Riemannian optimal control and model matching of linear port-Hamiltonian systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 62, No. 12, pp. 6575-6581, 2017.