Lab. 3 Ken’ichiro Tanaka
Department of Mathematical Informatics,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656
Eng. 6 Bldg. Room 342
Tel: +81-3-5841-6439, ext. 26439
|Mar. 2002||Graduated from the Department of Mathematical Engineering and Information Physics, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo|
|Mar. 2004||Graduated from the Master Course of the Department of Mathematical Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo|
|Mar. 2007||Graduated from the Doctor Course of the Department of Mathematical Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo|
|Apr. 2007 - Mar. 2011||Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.|
|Apr. 2011 - Mar. 2015||Assistant Professor, School of Systems Information Science, Department of Complex and Intelligent Systems, Future University Hakodate|
|Apr. 2015 - Mar. 2017||Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Musashino University|
|Apr. 2017 -||Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo|
Numerical analysis，in particular, theory and application related to function approximation and numerical integration.
Function approximation and numerical integration are bases of various computational methods for problems in mathematical analysis such as differential equations. I have been engaged mainly in design and analysis of accurate approximation formulas for analytic functions by means of complex analytic methods. In particular, I'm interested in analysis and application of formulas (such as the DE formulas and DE-Sinc formulas) derived by the double-exponential (DE) transformations proposed by Takahasi and Mori. Recently, I'm developing general frameworks for designing accurate approximation formulas.
- Ken'ichiro Tanaka, Tomoaki Okayama, and Masaaki Sugihara, Potential theoretic approach to design of accurate formulas for function approximation in symmetric weighted Hardy spaces, IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, Volume 37, Issue 2 (2017), pp. 861-904 (doi:10.1093/imanum/drw022).
- Ken'ichiro Tanaka, A fast and accurate numerical method for the symmetric Levy processes based on the Fourier transform and sinc-Gauss sampling formula, IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, Volume 36, Issue 3 (2016), pp. 1362-1388 (doi:10.1093/imanum/drv038).
- Ken'ichiro Tanaka and Alexis Akira Toda, Discretizing distributions with exact moments: error estimate and convergence analysis, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, Volume 53, Issue 5 (2015), pp. 2158-2177 (doi:10.1137/140971269).
- Sunao Murashige and Ken'ichiro Tanaka, A new method of convergence acceleration of series expansion for analytic functions in the complex domain, Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Volume 32, Issue 1 (2015), pp. 95-117 (doi: 10.1007/s13160-014-0159-z).
- Tomoaki Okayama, Ken'ichiro Tanaka, Takayasu Matsuo, and Masaaki Sugihara, DE-Sinc methods have almost the same convergence property as SE-Sinc methods even for a family of functions fitting the SE-Sinc methods Part I: Definite integration and function approximation, Numerische Mathematik, Volume 125, Issue 3 (2013), pp. 511-543 (doi: 10.1007/s00211-013-0540-x).
- Ken'ichiro Tanaka, Masaaki Sugihara, Kazuo Murota, and Masatake Mori, Function classes for double exponential integration formulas, Numerische Mathematik, Volume 111, Issue 4 (2009), pp. 631-655 (doi: 10.1007/s00211-008-0195-1).